Latest News, Events, Entertainment, Lifestyle, Fashion, Beauty, Inspiration and yes... Gossip! *Wink

It’s a compliment to compare me with Olamide, Phyno –MI

Mi
The last time prolific rap artiste , MI, released an album was in 2014 with the project he titled , The Chairman . Three years down the line, his fans are clamouring for a new work.

In a recent interview with Saturday Beats, the self acclaimed Chairman explained why it has taken him so long to release another album .

“ The truth about it is that the CEO work has been harder than I thought and it has taken a lot of time from me . Also, when you become a brand, you have brand commitments as well. My contract with Glo expired this year even though I have been working with them for seven years and I had been their ambassador for five years . We had to go for interviews , tours , shoot commercials, then you come back and you do the same thing for Martel . Then , I have friends that would want you to feature in their concerts . So , as a brand, it became tougher. Once an artiste gets to the point where he becomes a brand, it becomes tougher for him .

“ I have about five projects in my heart that I want to do because I am getting older and once I am done with that I would probably leave ,” he said.

The rap artiste further stated that he has been in the game for a decade and he is still waxing stronger . He further told Saturday Beats that he felt honoured being compared to the new crop of artistes.

“ I am ten years in the industry since my first song came out in Lagos in 2007 because that’ s when Crowd Mentality was released . It is an ultimate compliment for me to be compared with the likes of Olamide , Phyno , Ice Prince and others that came out after me . If you think about my first five years , I was really hot but as you get older, you get tired of saying some things . It is very hard for me to write a song about being in the club. If you hear some certain artistes sing about being in the club, you would say that you ’ d prefer a younger artiste to sing about that, ” he said .
It’s a compliment to compare me with Olamide, Phyno –MI It’s a compliment to compare me with Olamide, Phyno –MI Reviewed by Olamikzysblog on August 26, 2017 Rating: 5

No comments:

Comment Box

Powered by Blogger.